Our Lady of Lourdes
- A reminder to our listeners that the Limerick Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes takes place from 21st - 26th June 2011.
- For those that would like to leave a petition at the Grotto in Lourdes please go here.
- For those that would like to watch a webcam of the Grotto in Lourdes, here.
- The offical website of the Santuary of Our Lady of Lourdes.
In the second section of this weeks show, we reflect on the Gospel, concentrating on the symbols of salt and light. Colin found the Gospel, though short, very challenging as it challenges us to examine how faithful we are to being disciples of Christ by measuring ourselves as 'salt of the earth' and 'light to the world'. We asked how we can season the world in which we live by living the Gospel message and witnessing to Christ. We also concentrated on how we can allow God's light to shine through us through everyday, simple acts of kindness and love.
"You are the Saly of the Earth, You are the Light of the World" was the theme for the 2002 World Youth Day in Toronto Canda, presided over by Pope John Paul II. His homily for the concluding Mass is a challange to us all, young and the young at heart.
Saints of the Week
February 7th - St Mel - Bishop - Patron of the Diocese of Ardagh and Clonmacnoise
Local Notes and Reminders
- Spring training of Chairpersons for Parish Pastoral groups Part One: The role and responsibility of pastoral chairs - Monday 7th February 7:30 - 10pm. Part Two: Making pastoral decisions together - Monday 21st Febraury 7:30 - 10pm
- Talk Series: Stars in the sky: Some hero’s from my spiritual journey.Fr. Damien Ryan's talks on his spiritual heros - this Wednesday at 8pm in the Pastoral Centre he is giving a talk on St. Maximilian Kolbe.
- On Friday next as it is the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes and World Day of the Sick, there will be 10am Mass in Newcastle West Church that will incorporate the anointing of the sick. We appealed to those who may have housebound neighbours, but would like to avail of the sacrament, to volunteer their services that morning.
John, Lorraine, Colin, Shane and Michael