You can listen to the podcast of this weeks full podcast HERE.
We have a short news round up of various items on this weeks programme looking at some news items which may not necessarily have been covered on the main stream media:
- More than two thirds of voters want to keep the Angelus
- All Christians should welcome the end of Ireland’s ban on blasphemy
- European court upholds conviction of woman accused of insulting Muhammed
- Algeria prepares for beatification of 19 martyrs
- Nikki Haley praises ‘everyday miracles’ of Church despite abuse crisis
- Crisis in Orthodoxy: Separating Fact from Fiction
- Making Sense of Autocephaly in the Ukrainian Church
- Patriarch Kirill – Global Order to Destroy the Orthodox Church Implemented in Ukraine
- Film tells story of Irish chaplain on frontlines of World War I
- Asia Bibi: Pakistan acquits Christian mother on death row
Podcast of the news round-up excerpted from the main programme HERE.
Gospel - Mark 12:38-44
In the course of his teaching Jesus said to the crowds,
"Beware of the scribes, who like to go around in long robes
and accept greetings in the marketplaces,
seats of honor in synagogues,
and places of honor at banquets.
They devour the houses of widows and, as a pretext
recite lengthy prayers.
They will receive a very severe condemnation."
He sat down opposite the treasuryReflections on this weeks gospel:
and observed how the crowd put money into the treasury.
Many rich people put in large sums.
A poor widow also came and put in two small coins worth a few cents.
Calling his disciples to himself, he said to them,
"Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more
than all the other contributors to the treasury.
For they have all contributed from their surplus wealth,
but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had,
her whole livelihood."
Word on Fire
Centre for Liturgy
Liturgical odds & ends
Liturgy of the Hours - Psalter week 4
Saints of the Week
November 12th - St Josaphat Kuncevyc
November 13th - Bl David Sutton
November 14th - St Lawrence O'Toole
November 15th - St Albert the Great
November 16th - St Margaret of Scotland also St Gertrude
November 17th - St Elizabeth of Hungary