1 Dec 2010

Advent Reflections - What does Advent mean to me?


For me Advent is connected with "inner"ways.


The way through snow, the way to meditations in church, the way nearer to family and neighbours. And, what, is not always working the way to myself. To open my heart for God who is on the way to us human beings.

This year I discovered in a hospital where my husband is at the moment, the sentence of Benedict of Nursia: "Go your way and you are carried." At the sickbed of my husband I try to understand what these words of Benedict do mean for me. Is it the pooring love of God who wants to be next to me so that I can live out of the Easter Hallelujah that has the overture in the Incarnation?

Have a blessed Advent."



M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.