27 Oct 2011

The Fellowship of the Unashamed



I am part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed.
The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made.  I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is in God's hands.
I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colourless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, frivolous living, slefish giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, the best, recognised, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith. I lean on Christ's presence. I love with patience, live by prayer, and labour with the power of God's grace.

My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, shut up, let up, or slow up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and spoken up for the cause of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till he comes, give until I drop, speak out until all know, and work until he stops me.

And when he returns for his own, he will have no difficulty recognising me. My banner is clear: I am a part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed.


The authorship of this is disputed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.