Up coming events in Limerick Diocese
We are joined on this weeks programme by Noirin Lynch from the Limerick Diocesan Pastoral Centre who gives us a run down on up coming events being organised in the diocese as we head into the Autumn and get back into the swing of things after the summer break.
Pastoral Resources and Training
Pope Benedict XVI has called for a Year of Faith from October 2012 to November 2013 to encourage people to get back to the basics of our Catholic Christian faith - in a sense echoing the call of the second Vatican Council Fathers to go back to the sources and basics of our faith to renew of knowledge and faith in the person of Jesus Christ. As we mark the 50th anniversary of the opening of the second Vatican Council, it presents each of us with a personal opportunity to take time to explore what does my faith mean to me and perhaps to take simple steps to explore our faith in new ways.
Saturday 13th October launch of Year of Faith in Limerick Diocese at the South Court Hotel which is open to all people in the Limerick diocese. A one day workshop for Parishes and Pastoral Areas. Speakers, workshops, and a wide variety of resources from over 20 faith development programs, groups and networks. We will post more details on the blog during the week.
International Conference discussing "Religion and the Public Good - Fifty Years after the Second Vatican Council". The Conference commemorates the opening of the Second Vatican Council and is being organised by the Dept of Theology at Mary Immaculate College. It will be held from October 10th & 11th, 2012 at Mary Immaculate College, Limerick.
Speakers will include:
- Cardinal Cormac Murphy O’Connor (UK);
- Prof. Myriam Wijlens (Germany);
- Prof. Mathijs Lamberigts (Belgium);
- Dr Kevin Williams (Ireland);
- Dr Leon Hooper SJ (USA);
- Mgr Eamon Martin (Ireland);
- Dr Anthony Towey (UK);
- Ms Mary Kenny (UK),
- Bishop Noel Treanor (Ireland).
- Resources for the Year of Faith are available from the international website HERE.
- The Irish Bishops Conference will be adding Irish resources and events-links HERE.
- Here are some Irish resources might be helpful to you and your parish as you consider the Year of Faith
- 'Share the Good News' is the Irish catechetical directory and contains suggestions for faith formation for all groups, times of life, etc. More details HERE.
- iCatholic - a website of short, informative Catholic videos which can be watched by individuals and groups. These include talks from the Eucharistic Congress, Alpha information, etc. HERE.
Gospel - Mark 7: 31-38
This weeks gospel is a very timely gospel this week on a number of levels. We have Jesus curing a deaf man who has a speech impediment. The gospel reminds us that we are very much a people who depend on our senses to understand and communicate with the world around us. The miracle in this mornings gospel reminds us that perhaps we have a deafness in our lives to maybe people or events, is there times we don't really listen and communicate with each other. Are we really listening? What am I deaf to in my life today?
Other reflections on this weeks gospel:
Word on Fire
Centre for Liturgy
Liturgical odds and ends
Psalter - Week 3 - Divine Office
September 10th - St Salvius of Albi
September 11th - St Theodora of Alexandria
September 12th - St Ailbe
September 13th - St John Chrysostom
September 14th - The Exaltation of the Cross
September 15th - Our Lady of Sorrows