O Root of Jesse, who stand as an ensign to the peoples, at whom kings stand silent and whom the gentiles seek, come and free us, delay no longer!
The scriptural references for this antiphon are from Isaiah 11: 10-11 (“On that day, the Gentiles shall seek out the root of Jesse, set up as a signal for the nations; his dwelling shall be glorious. On that day, the Lord shall again take it in hand to reclaim the remnant of his people.”), as well as Is. 52:15 (“So shall he startle many nations; because of him kings shall stand speechless”), and perhaps from Paul’s quotation of Isaiah in Romans 12:15 (“And again Isaiah says: “The root of Jesse shall come, raised up to rule the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles hope”).
- Dating God - O Root of Jesse: the God who comes from within
- iBenedictines - O Radix Jesse: hope that does not disappoint
- A Seat at the Table - Hail, O greenest branch
- Blue Eyed Ennis - O Root of Jesse
- A Nun's Life - O Radix Jesse
- Fr Z - O Radix Jesse