Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of the joyful season of Lent. The traditional activities of Lent are prayer, almsgiving and fasting. Someone once said “Prayer is wasting time with God.” In a world where “time is money”, time is indeed precious, and “wasting it with God” is time well spent.
Rather than re-inventing the wheel when it comes to resources to help you with your Lent, we are going to provide some links to online resources and ideas which you might be interested in looking into over the Lenten season:
- CILent - this is the Lent page being hosted by CatholicIreland.net which comes with a high recommendation. It has daily readings and guided meditations as well as a Way of the Cross and some resources for Lent for Children.
- A serious H/T to Aggie Catholic who has their annual Lenten mega post which has one of the best round ups of Lent resources from around the web.
- The Anchoress also had the same idea as us in terms of providing some links and resources, but being the Anchoress did it much better! Big Fat Tuesday Linkfest!
- Bishop Kevin Farrell gives us some food for thought about the meaning of "So what are you giving up for Lent"
- Looking for some ideas for reading over the Lenten season Happy Catholic has a couple of lists put together both fiction and non-fiction if you want to take a look: Fiction and Non-fiction
- Jen over at Conversion Diary also gives her recommendations for reading over Lent.
- Lenten reflections from Blessed Pope John XXIII (Good Pope John)
- GGodzdogz Lenten reflections
- Kandle.ie has some resources for Lent