This weeks podcast is available HERE.
2012 - A Recap of Sacred Space 102fm's year
- 8th January - Sr Margaret O'Sullivan reflection on the Sacrament of Baptism
- 22nd January - Interview with Dean Maurice Sirr formerly dean of CoI St Mary's Cathedral in Limerick.
- 5th February - Shane gave us a reflection on the Sacrament of the Sick
- 19th February - Fr Michael Liston gave us a reflection for the beginning of Lent and was a very particular favourite of our listeners during the year.
- 11th March - A programme on the Stations of the Cross
- 26th March - We were introduced to the Emmanuel Community by Geraldine Creaton
- 1st April – Fr Noel Kirwin from Limerick Diocesan Pastoral Centre led us in a very moving reflection for Palm Sunday & Holy Week
- 15th April - Fr John Walsh from Limerick prison gave us a reflection on Divine Mercy Sunday.
- 6th May - A introduction to the Ardagh-Carraigkerry Parish Mission
- 27th May - A very special and popular programme where we were joined by Dom Patrick Hederman OSB, abbot of Glenstal Abbey who joined us to speak about the Holy Spirit.
- 10th June - Given it was the beginning of the International Eucharistic Congress our own local parish priest Fr Frank Duhig led us in a reflection for Corpus Christi.
- 24th June - Another friend from Glenstal, Bro Martin Browne OSB (headmaster of Glenstal School) who came on to speak to us about the permenant diaconate which was restored to the diocesan church in Ireland during 2012.
- 1st July - Reena Curtain and Fr Michael Liston joined us to share their experiences of IEC2012.
- 15th July - Sr Elizabeth Ryan came on to share with us the story of the Presentation Sisters 175 years in Ireland.
- 22nd July - Fr Chris O'Donnell gave us a very human and down to earth talk about vocation and the sacrament of Ordination.
- 5th August - Bishop Michael Lenihan OFM came onto share with us his journey from west Limerick to Honduras.
- 12 August - Interview with Monica Brown
- 19th August - Sr Lousie O'Rourke PDDM came on to share with us her vocation journey and about her congregation the Sister Disciples of the Divine Master.
- 2nd September - Lectio Divina is a particular focus of the programme and we were joined by Fr Brendan Clifford OP from the Dominican Institute in Limerick.
- 16th September - Presentation of the results of the audit of Limerick Diocese by the National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church with Ger Crowley (designated person in the diocese for Child protection) and Fr Tony Mullins (Diocesan administrator)
- 23rd September - The Poor Clares of Nun's Island in Galway joined us for an interview on their particular charism and vocation and their new book published during the year.
- 30th September - Interview with Fr John Ambrose celebrating 50 years of service as a priest in the Philippines.
- 21st October - Fr John Guiney SJ (Director Irish Jesuit Mission Office) comes on to share with us on Mission Sunday.
- 28th October - Loran Geary and Niamh McMahon joined us to speak about the NCW Parish Mission and to share their views on God, faith and the church.
- 4th November - A very special programme where Dr Donal Murray (bishop emeritus of Limerick) joined us to speak about his new book "Keeping open the doors of faith" in what was one of the most popular, thought provoking and interesting programmes we did during the year.
- 25th November - Fr Eamonn Conway, theological advisor and lecturer joined us on the programme after returning from the Synod of Bishops in Rome where he was an advisor to the bishops.
- 9th December - Maura Garrihy joined us to introduce the Youth 2000 Mission Team. Maura will be returning to visit us again on the programme in the next few weeks.
As of this weekend we have 910 blog posts with 176,853 visitors from 161 countries who have joined with us on the blog.
The SS102fm team just wanted to say a big thank you to all our listeners, readers and visitors and to ask for your continued prayers, support and if you have any ideas or suggestions please drop us a line.
Gospel - John 2:1-11
Reflections on this weeks gospel:
Word on Fire
Centre for Liturgy
Liturgical Odds and Ends
Divine Office - Week 2
Saints of the Week
January 21st - St Agnes (virgin and martyr)
January 22nd - St Vincent of Saragossa (deacon and martyr)
January 23rd - St Colman of Lismore
January 24th - St Francis de Sales (bishop and doctor of the Church)
January 25th - Feast of the Conversion of St Paul
January 26th - Ss Timothy and Titus (bishops)