2 Jan 2013

Patron Saints 2013

As we mentioned on last weekends programme, we have selected our personal patron saints for 2013 and also picked out our blog patron saint for 2013 who is going to be St Francis Xavier.


You can read more about St Francis Xavier from the blog post we did earlier in the week HERE.

Lorraine picked out Blessed Teresa of Calcutta whose feast day is September 5th! You can read more about her HERE

 
 
“We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.”
- Bl Teresa of Calcutta

John got St Raymond Nonnatus who is patron saint of childbirth, midwives, children, pregnant women, and priests who want to protect the secrecy of confession. His feast day is August 31st. You can read more about him HERE.



Shane got an unusual celestial guide for 2013 in St Erasmus also known as St Elmo. His feast day is June 2nd and he was a martyr. He is the patron saint of mariners and Erasmus is invoked against colic in children, abdomnial pain, intestinal ailments and diseases, cramps and the pain of women in labor, as well as cattle pests. You can read more about him HERE. As a quick note, there is a side altar in St Peter's Basilica in Rome dedicated to this martyr bishop.

Martyrdom of St Erasmus
Source

And if you would like to get a celestial guide for 2013, head on over to Jennifer Fulwiler's Saint Name Generator!
 

1 comment:

  1. I also received Saint Erasmus on the Saint Generator. I have been searching for books etc to read more about him. He is the patron saint for stomach ailments. I have stomach cancer and am the mother of 7 children. When I picked his name and told my children that he is my new patron saint and why he is, we all had a little laugh. Divine Providence working in our lives, is so beautiful. I was looking for a picture so I could blog on him and your blog appeared. Just wanted to share. You have a beautiful blog. I love the saints. My name is Tami and I will be following your blog now. God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.