You can listen to the podcast of this weeks programme HERE.
News Round up
On this weeks programme John and Shane do a round up of news from different places around the world including:
- Martyrdom of 21 Coptic Christians at the hands of ISIL in Libya
- Burning of 45 churches in Niger
- Consistory in Rome
- Pope Francis calls children "a gift from God"
- The interaction of Lent and the Chinese New Year
- Beatification of Oscar Romero
- Pope Francis to visit Sarajevo in 6th June and the USA in the Autumn
- Catholic Bishop defies beheading threat to stay in Libya
- Three year-old Brazilian boy with cancer "celebrates Mass"
Gospel - Mark 1: 12-15
The Spirit drove Jesus out into the wilderness and he remained there for forty days, and was tempted by Satan. He was with the wild beasts, and the angels looked after him.
After John had been arrested, Jesus went into Galilee. There he proclaimed the Good News from God. ‘The time has come’ he said ‘and the kingdom of God is close at hand. Repent, and believe the Good News.’Reflections on this weeks gospel:
Word on Fire
Centre for Liturgy
Liturgical odds and ends
Liturgy of the Hours - psalter week 1, first week of Lent
Saints of the Week (commemoration of Saints only during Lent)
February 23rd - St Polycarp
February 24th - Blessed Josefa Naval Girbes
February 25th - Pope Saint Felix III
February 26th - Saint Paula of Saint Joseph of Calasanz
February 27th - St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows
February 28th - St Oswald