3 Jun 2013

A musical interlude and a moment to pause.................





After a hectic liturgical calendar over the last few weeks we truly enter into "ordinary time" this week and it gives a moment to pause and catch our breath and let the Breath of the Spirit arise in us.....


Lord, what shall I do that I
can’t quiet myself?
Here is the bread, and
here is the cup, and
I can’t quiet myself.

To enter the language of transformation!
To learn the importance of stillness,
with one’s hands folded!
When will my eyes of rejoicing turn peaceful?
When will my joyful feet grow still?
When will my heart stop its prancing
as over the summer grass?

Lord, I would run for you, loving the miles for your sake.
I would climb the highest tree to
be that much closer.

Lord, I will learn also to kneel down
into the world of the invisible,
the inscrutable and the everlasting.
Then I will move no more than the leaves of a tree
on a day of no wind,
bathed in light,
like the wanderer who has come home at last
and kneels in peace, done with all unnecessary things;
every motion; even words.

from Mary Oliver, “Coming to God: First Days,” THIRST (Boston: Beacon, 2006), p. 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.